1. Who is in charge of ensuring a smooth leadership transition?
- We all are
- The Elders & Staff
2. What will the next year and a half look like?
With Pastor Terry and Kelleen retiring June 1, 2023, here's what you can expect:
- Pastor Terry will continue to preach occasionally
- Pastors Matt & Jonathan will preach with increasing frequency
- Matt & Jonathan will be trained by Pastor Terry in pastoral ministry
- Eventual shift to a Lead Pastor with other teaching pastors regularly sharing the pulpit
3. Why don't we just fill terry's role with a new Senior Pastor?
- We have always believed in growing up leaders from within
- Pastors Matt & Jonathan are capable and gifted teachers
- Training them up is good stewardship of our people
4. So, we're not creating a search committee to find another senior pastor?
5. With Pastor Greg's retirement, Feb 2022, what will happen to Men's Ministry?
- The Elders will prayerfully create a Men's Ministry leadership team who can assume all aspects of ministry to Crossover Men.
6. With Kelleen's retirement, what will happen to Women's Ministry?
- Kelleen will prayerfully create a Women's Ministry leadership team to whom she will begin delegating all aspects of ministry
7. With Jonathan shifting roles, who will assume Youth Leadership?
- A Youth Leadership team has been assembled to assume youth leadership by early 2022
- Christian Pfening is already a part-time Youth Coordinator and may grow into additional leadership
8. With Matt shifting roles, who will take Missions and SYA Leadership?
- Matt will continue to develop a missions leadership team that will assume most aspects of this ministry
- Matt will continue developing the student leadership team that already serves the SYA ministry while commissioning other lay-leaders to provide SYA Ministry support
9. What is our plan to survive in the ever-changing political landscape?
- We will pursue infrastructure that keeps us from being reliant upon access to the campus
- Issues affecting the church will precipitate permanent, ongoing discussion at the leadership level
- A communications and logistics plan will be formulated so that we seamlessly move to a decentralized church should that need arise